Creative | Multimedia Design | Photo Producer
Brooklyn, NY • 631.745.8655 • KarenDuffyDesign@gmail.com • LinkedIn.com/in/KarenDuffyDesign
Portfolio • KarenDuffyDesign.com • Instagram.com/OnSetWithKaren
Seasoned multimedia creative with extensive experience in fashion photography, marketing and graphic/web design. Passionate and inventive with solid reputation for delivering ground-breaking campaigns on time and under budget that boost revenue and improve customer experiences spanning digital screens and traditional pages. Thrives in fast paced environments including the highly competitive New York City fashion market.
• Graphic Design
• Trend Research
• Budget / Talent Management
• Negotiations • Web Design
• CSS / HTML
• Targeted Email Campaigns
• Digital Lookbooks
• Location Scouting / Casting
• E-Commerce / Catalogs
• Styling / Sewing
The McCall Pattern Company | New York, NY, 2012 – Present
Fashion Editor, Photography Production, 2016 – Present
Promoted to lead production role within one year, providing signature authority of final productions. Efficiently manage and coordinate design production of 10 catalogs per year from concept through completion. Collaborate with high-end clients like Nicole Miller, to establish vision and styling direction for licensed garments. Motivate and mentor studio team to consistently conceive new designs and complete deliverables within project deadlines.
• Effectively manage initiatives and budgets for large-scale projects; reducing annual budget by $10K.
• Successfully cast 100+ models per year under extremely tight deadlines and manage budgets of up to $100K; contributing to major rebrand for McCall’s which became the top selling line.
• Establish and maintain exceptional professional rapport with designers, vendors, talent agents, and photography studios; saving $20K per year by sourcing borrowed accessories for shoots.
Associate Art Director/Associate Fashion Editor, 2015 – 2016
Conceptualized and created catalog layouts and graphics and conducted quality checks to ensure consistent image quality. Managed intake/return logistics for all accessories used on set. Troubleshot fit and clothing issues for proper presentation of outfits and fashion lines.
• Earned promotion from graphic design role to providing design and on-site set support to art director.
• Teamed with marketing department to produce quarterly video series highlighting latest seasonal design trends, delivered to thousands of viewers nationwide.
Online Graphic Designer, 2012-2015
Created new design themes for marketing collateral including daily email campaigns. Participated in production of print and promotional items for key brands including lookbooks for Vogue Patterns, Butterick and McCall’s.
• Delivered quality retouches for thousands of product images over two-year period that were featured across four websites and greatly improved user experiences and ROI.
• Developed webpages, homepage images, buttons, banners, and logos for contests and promotions utilizing HTML and CSS that increased overall quality of production.
Prior Experience as Webmaster/Marketing Specialist for Air Techniques in Melville, NY (2006-2011).
Bachelor of Science in Marketing, Minor in Psychology
Saint John’s University – Queens, NY
PLATFORMS: Mac OS X/9, Windows 7/10
Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Content Management (WordPress)
FabScrap, Brooklyn, NY
Volunteer | May 2018 – present
Best Friends Animal Society, New York, NY
Kitten Nursery Attendant | June 2018 – present